Friday, January 27, 2012

Beautiful Week

This week I got to spend half a day in an aviary with 4 hawk-headed parrots, an iguana, and 2 Guam rails, which are extinct in the wild! How cool is that? I also snake hooked an Eastern diamondback rattlesnake and got to feed it, got a Bald Eagle to eat more than he had in days, and got chosen to participate in a behavior study. Still anxiously awaiting the rest of the training team announcements, as spots are opening at the zoo for the animals that have a training team.

I'm also proud of my little Akela, she is becoming such a good little talker! She says "Good boy!" really clearly now (don't tell her she's probably a girl), I really need to get her and Izzi DNA sexed, I don't need any little green feathery babies! :]

This next year promises a lot of growth, and I'm really excited to see where I am this time next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment